Sunday, 2 October 2016

Spaceship progress - Engines modeled and fitted

More progress on the engines which have been placed correctly now. It's actually the second time in two days I've modeled these. The first time around I realized I didn't have enough geometry in them to look smooth enough and with no realistic way to add the extra lines to smooth it out I had to basically re-do them. A case of trying too much to optimize the mesh. Subsurf was also out of the question because of all the greebles in the engine housing; the geometry would have been insane.

Rear view of spaceship engines
I like big butt's and I cannot lie...

I'm not settled on the colours yet, they are for the most part, just a placeholder. I do however want to keep the orange as I want the ship (last of its kind) to stand out from the rest. I'll grunge it up when in the texturing phase to make it look like it's drifted through a big pile of space poo....

Spaceship engine model
Horsepower...Space horsepower...
I messed around with compositing to add some glare and glow but It looked horrible and I need to find out how to do it properly before I post a picture. I notice that a fair few space animations don't use much glow for the thrusters so I'm not planning to go overboard but these are supposed to be some immensely powerful boosters and I need to get that across somehow.

More updates to come....

No comments:

Post a comment